Saturday, November 23, 2013

First week of Mentorship

I finally started volunteering! This week was my first week and it was great! I went twice for two hours, so a total of four hours. I worked in a session that groups about 10 kids together and show them different things about what to say when they are around different people. My first day was Tuesday and unfortunately it was the last day for that eight week session but it was a great experience even though I was a little lost at first. Luckily, I was not the only volunteer that was on her first day, so we found our way together. On Thursday, the session was still going on until about two more weeks. The session included a lesson on how and what children can say to join in on a conversation or a game they want to play. Every child received a chance to ask if they could join a game and a conversation. It was a great experience for me and there is much more to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment