Sunday, October 20, 2013

Feeling Frustrated :(.

So it turns out that I could not start volunteering right after I assisted the orientation. There was a whole additional process I did not know about until it was mentioned at the orientation. I have to take two TB shots since there is a high population of infected individuals in Southern California. I took my first shot Tuesday and have to wait two weeks before I can take my second one. I was really disappointment because I did not inform myself before hand. I thought the process was going to be a lot quicker. The second interview is due Friday and I still have not had the opportunity to arrange a time to meet with my mentor. I talked to the volunteer coordinator and asked her if it was possible for me to interview the person I will be working with (mentor) and she told me she was going to talk to her and arrange a time for me. Until today she has not called me, so I will call tomorrow to see what the situation is. I really hope the speech pathologist is willing to let me interview her. I am feeling really scared and frustrated because it has been really hard for me to find a mentor.

No comments:

Post a Comment