Friday, March 28, 2014

March Madness

I am finally finished with my second independent component. Taking a class this quarter went by quick before I realized it finals week had already arrived. Dr. Laubie was very kind to have me sit in her lectures and integrate into her class as if I was one of their own. I learned a lot from this class, view the world from a different perspective and have realized a person with a disabilities life is much more than just centered on their disability. There was a lecture where what we learned about was cerebral palsy and we watched a video on how a disability is so apparent to other people that when a person with a disability wants to do something everyone doubts them because of it.
The day Dr. Laubie was talking about Autism she began the lecture by reading us a story called "My Brother Charlie". It was a children s book that explained how a little girl had a brother with Autism and Charlie would not play with her, talk to her or want to be with her; but she knew that things Charlie wanted to say were inside of him but just did not find ways to say it. I thought it would be a good way to start of my senior presentation.
I am glad I decided to take this class as my second independent component. I do beleive that the time I spent in the class was qualitative and helped me learn a lot of valuable information that can help me with my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment