Thursday, August 29, 2013

So, I Switched My Topic to Special Education

So after thinking through it, I decided to switch my topic from Health and Safety to Special Education. I am really excited about doing my project because we just started looking for research and it is going pretty good for me. I have been able to find valuable research that has allowed me to learn more about my topic and open up my knowledge to more specific details regarding special education. I am glad I changed my topic in time before the deadline because I really felt I was not going to be able to pull off a project about Health and Safety. I decided to switch my project because I was always interested in the educational viewpoint of children with disabilities because they sometimes go through a lot more difficulties in their educational process and most of us don't really realize it. While doing research these past few weeks I found out some interesting things about special education, I found out that there is a really long evaluation from parents to teachers to a IDEA representative in order to be identified as a special ed student. A special ed student also costs a school nearly twice or three times as much money to educate than a pupil that is in general education. This Link gave a very good over view of what special education is, and how it works.

No comments:

Post a Comment