Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blog 6: Second Interview Questions

Content:
The purpose of the second interview is justify your mentor as an expert in the field.  Thus, you will be asking at least 5 questions about their background and/or the background of the organization or company where they work.

1.  Who is your mentor and where do they work?

I am still trying to find a mentor to volunteer with. I have already taken my application to Casa Colina and am now waiting for them to call me so I can assist the orientation. They told me the orientation was going to be the first or second week of October and after that I can start my mentor ship hours. If I am unable to start at the Rehabilitaion Center before the Interview is due I will interview Carolyn Parker,  the special education teacher I interviewed for my first interview. She works at Arroyo Elementary in Pomona.

2.  What five questions will ask them about their background?

  • How long have you currently worked in this position?
  • What college course do you feel really helped you and prepared you for your position today?
  • What educational background did you receive for this job? Additional certifications?
  • Tell me about a case where a child improved immensely. How did that affect you? 
  • When a child continues to struggle some help you have provided, what do you do?
  • What motivates you and the organization to help children with learning disabilities?
  • Can you tell me about your responsibilities in the work place and how you handle them?
  • What has been the most difficult thing you have had to deal with in your job?

Questions will go through a approval process with your house teacher.  The house teacher is responsible to tell you if they are approved or not.  If they are not approved, you will need to resubmit.  Once approved, you are then approved to go to your mentor and complete the interview.  The interview is due 10/25 by 8AM to turnitin.com.

2 comments:

  1. 3. Tell me about a case where a child improved immensely. How did that affect you? You could also ask the opposite (when a child continued to struggle...what did you do?)
    4 omit Casa Colina
    6. I'd put it second in the questions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, you can only interview a mentor for this. If Casa Colina doesn't work out, I have the number for you with Parents' Place (families whose children have autism). When did you submit the app? You might call Monday, 9/30 just to check in. They are normally pretty good though.

    ReplyDelete