Friday, September 27, 2013

Finally, Found a Mentorship Opportunity!

Unfortunately, I was unable to find a mentor at an elementary due to privacy concerns with students. For a few days I had no idea where I was going to go to find a mentor, I was going crazy asking teachers and classmates, and luckily Xena knew of a rehabilitation center nearby that helped children with learning and speech disabilities and let me know I might be able to find someone there. I looked into it and got in. Thanks Xena!!! I took my application and they let me know that I have to assist the next orientation before I could start volunteering, so now I am just waiting for Oct. 7 to come around and I am ready. The volunteering coordinator unfortunately let me know that the learning and language department was full but that she could place me in a department that has a speech and language therapists, so I decided to focus my topic on the speech side of special education. I am really excited to start my mentorship because it is going to be a whole new environment and experience for me.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad for you. October 7th is right around the corner! Good job figuring out what to do : )

    ReplyDelete