Monday, January 6, 2014

Blog 10: Senior Project: The Holiday

Content:

1.  It is important to consistently work on your senior project, whether it is break or we are in school.  What did you over the break with your senior project?

During my winter break, I spent my two weeks in Mexico, so I was unable to do much because I did not have access to internet and books. But before I left and after I came back I looked for research that I could use to find more information about helping children with Autism with speech problems they may have as well as talk to a few speech pathologist to really understand how a child is being treated and helped. I learned more about it through the mentoring I did at the rehabilitation center I volunteer at.

2.  What was the most important thing you learned from what you did and why?  What was the source of what you learned?

I learned that children with autism struggle with their attention span and speech pathologist try to help children out with that by guiding them through activities that can help them practice staying focused. It was important because I learned about an aspect speech pathologist help a child with.

3.  If you were going to do a 10 question interview on questions related to answers of your EQ, who would you talk to and why?

I would talk to Alexandria or Ellie, speech pathologist that work at the rehabilitation center that I volunteer at because  they would be willing to help me out with any questions I might have and has provided me with information and knowledge I had no idea of before.

No comments:

Post a Comment