Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blog 14: Independant Component 1

  • LITERAL


  • (a) Statement saying: “I, student name, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”
     “I, Diana Serrano, affirm that I completed my independent component which represents 30 hours of work.”

    (b) Cite your source regarding who or what article or book helped you complete the independent component
    The people who helped me finish my independent component were the speech pathologist who allowed me to observe their therapeutic sessions at the rehabilitation center I volunteer at, my mentor Alexandria and other speech pathologist such as Ellie, Kristen, Amber, and Nikki
    (c) Provide a digital spreadsheet (aka log of the 30 hours).   Post it next to your mentorship log

     
    (d) Explanation of what you completed. 
    For my independent component I completed a little more than 30 hours with my mentor and Kid's Crew
       
  • INTERPRETIVE 
    Defend your work and explain how the significant parts of your component and how it demonstrates 30 hours of work.   Provide evidence (photos, transcript, art work, videos, etc) of the 30 hours of work.  
    I was able to get a print out of the amount of hours I currently have in my whole volunteering at the rehabilitation center I volunteer at 30 of those hours are for my independent component and the rest are toward my mentorship component.

  •  
     
  • APPLIED
    How did the component help you understand the foundation of your topic better?  Please include specific examples to illustrate how it helped. 

  • I was able to receive expert help on learning the basics of Autism and really understand the role and the job of a speech pathologist in both social and communication aspects of their disorder. For example when I would observe therapeutic session the speech pathologist I was observing would explain to me the disorder the child had and what they did in the therapy session to work on it.
    I was able to have a field expert helping me and was able to get experience, for example when I volunteer at kid's crew I am able to see different social skills that are taught to children with autism and that helped me with my 30 minute presentation because that is what I based my first answer on and without having that experience I would not have been able to get this far.
    Grading Criteria
    • Log of digital spreadsheet
    • Evidence of 30 hours of work
    • LIA submitted to blog

    No comments:

    Post a Comment